ASW Team FAQ’s
Where do we practice?
- Whitman Middle School (90% of the time)
- Wauwatosa West High
- Longfellow Middle School
When do we practice?
- Tuesday and Thursday nights between 5:30 and 9:30 pm depending on Age Group.
- Occasionally a Saturday morning practice will be added.
How long is the Season?
- Practice Starts in mid September and ends in June
How many meets do we compete in?
- Typically we attend 1 meet a month starting in November
- Typically a good age to start is around 7 or 8 in lessons or in the “Rec Club”
- Must be able to swim front crawl and back crawl and comfortable in deep water.
- Join the competitive club after swimmer is comfortable.
What is the “Rec Club”?
- The “Rec Club” is for beginner swimmers who want to learn the sport for an extended length of time but do not want to compete yet.
- Practices 1 night a week for 1 hour overlapping with the Competitive girls.
- Will participate in the end of the year show in end of May / early June.